If there’s anything that can symbolize a blessing, it’s friendships. Today, I’ll let you in on the secrets to maintaining friendships that can last a lifetime. As a seasoned soul that experienced all of life’s blessings and challenges, I can honestly tell you that having nurtured friendships gives you the sweetest feelings of life.
As we grow older, we tend to disconnect from our loved ones, we may feel that it requires too much effort. Which is not entirely true. In this article, I’ll rekindle that fun spirit of yours by reminding you why friendships add to our lives and share some realistic advice on how to nurture those friendships.
Why do friendships nurture our lives?
Now my dear ones, the aspects I’m about to mention are just a few compared to all the joys that friendships bring into our lives. Here are the ones i find the most wholesome ;
- A second home: Being around your friends gives you a sense of coziness and warmth, like they are home.
- Circle of safety: What I love about my friends is that I can be completely myself with them, which makes me feel safe.
- Builds confidence: When you’re feeling in doubt, supportive friends make you feel more confident by offering praise and reassurance.
- Source of laughter: When life gives you lemons, you do not only make juice,you laugh it out. A good laugh with friends may be just what you need after a bad day.
How can we nurture friendships?
- Disconnect not reconnect: I totally get how we get caught up in our routines and forget to invest in aspects that are necessary to keep us feeling alive. It’s normal to disconnect from your loved ones from time to time, what matters is to reconnect once again.
- Go with the flaw: Don’t be picky ladies and gentlemen, we all have flaws and are not always stable, which is okay. Let the negligible obstacles pass.
- Forgive and let go: Coming from someone who went through different friendships over the past couple of decades, I would tell you that forgiving others is essential for your friendship to stay healthy and safe.
- Trust: The foundation of all connections is trust, without it, your friendship becomes fragile. I believe trusting one another is one of the most powerful traits one can have. But of course, it comes with time,so trust the process too.
- Be present: It’s easy to be there for someone when they are doing well in life, but it can be difficult to be present when things get tough, although that’s a more critical time to be there for our friends. So, be present, be brave and have your friends’ back.
Finally, remember my dears, as someone who’s seen the sun rise for many decades, let me tell you – investing in lifelong friendships has been a great decision for myself, my life and for others. After reading my secret to maintaining friendships, I hope you consider this as an eye opener to reconnect with your loved ones. Bless you all.