Nowadays, people tend to invest their money in expensive beauty products, procedures and supplements to reach their goals towards their appearance and health. One crucial thing they overlook though, is the need to invest in their nutrition.
The core for stronger, thicker hair and glowing skin is having a healthy diet. In this article, we’ll dive into the best foods and nutrients to add to your diet to reach your ultimate health potential.
Importance of nutrients
- Hair and skin consist of similar cell types, which means they require comparable nutrients.
- Foods and nutrients that contain protein, keratin and collagen are important to keep the cells healthy and renewable.
- One of the main benefits of such foods is having hydrated skin, shiny hair and also stronger nails.
Best sources of nutrients
1. Healthy fats:
- Spread avocado on your bread
- Eat salmon once or twice a week
- Add any seeds to your salads
- Replace your regular oil with olive oil. If it’s already your regular oil, then you’re on the right track
2. Greek yogurt
- A single cup with an average of 17 grams of protein instead of the ordinary yogurt with only 6 grams.
- A great source of selenium and vitamin B
3. Dark leafy greens:
- Spinach,arugula and kale are extra concentrated in nutrients as vitamin c ,b and e.
- They help in hair growth especially when you are suffering from hair loss.
- Vitamin E renews and repairs skin’s cells.
- One of the most nutrient dense whole grains that contain manganese, zinc, iron and vitamins.
- Boosts collagen production, reduces skin inflammation and improves your skin’s complexion.
- Reduces chances of having split ends while it moisturizes your hair.
When you start being consistent with eating wholesome foods, you will notice incredible results not only on your skin and hair, but also in your overall well-being and energy. You can explore alternative natural resources of nutrients to add variety to your diet.