Ever heard of the saying “eat your rainbow”? Well superfoods are the perfect match.
Superfoods refers to food that contains the highest level of nutrition while having the lowest calories. They may not be considered as a cure for diseases, but are definitely a strong fighter against them.
Superfoods tend to boost your energy levels, starting from your mind and body, to having limitless antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which promote optimal health.In this article we will explore more on the benefits of superfoods and 5 of them to include in your diet.
Benefits of eating superfoods
- Nutrient dense: Unlike any average healthy food that contains 3 or 4 nutritional advantages, superfoods are normally filled with 12 or more antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids to enrich your body daily.
- Natural protector: Filled with natural antioxidants that are proven to protect you from respiratory problems, heart diseases, cancer and arthritis.
- Act as a catalyst:Not only are they extra healthy, but such properties will act as a catalyst for vitamin pills to be effective so that the body will benefit from it.
- Beautify hair and skin: Superfoods enhance your overall skin health, hair and immune system will be stronger.
- Strengthens immunity: If you aim to reduce your susceptibility to diseases by enhancing your body’s immunity ,then superfood will be your new best friend.
- Faster metabolism: You’ll experience increased daily energy levels and enhance your body’s metabolism, simply by consuming these foods.
5 superfoods to add to your meals
- Acai berries: has 19 amino acids and are high in vitamin c, it also improves your sleep cycle and heart’s health.
- Blueberries: full of vitamin c, k and iron. As they have low saturated fat and cholesterol, eating a few blueberries will regulate your cholesterol level, strengthen your memory and keep your eyes healthy.
- Cranberries: good for urinary tract infections and for vitamin C intake.
- Goji berries: makes you look and feel younger as it contains anti-aging properties and also boosts immunity.
- Known for its healthy fatty acids, coconuts are rich in several minerals like selenium, copper, zinc and more. What’s interesting is that each part of the fruit has its own benefits.
- Coconut oil is considered one of the best oils to be used in the kitchen.
- Not only can it be used while cooking,But also for your body and skin.
3. Chia seeds:
- A single seed that combines multiple nutrients, including protein, fibe, minerals and vitamins.
- Adding chia seeds to your salad will create a wholesome meal and will make you feel full faster while being light on the stomach.
- Chia seeds also help in digestion and bowel movement.
4. Green superfoods:
- If you are looking for a healthy bacteria source that also has several vitamins and minerals, go for green vegetables such as spirulina, wheatgrass or chlorella.
- As for the leafy greens, lettuce, spinach and kale are some of the best choices to take in.
Winning the most nutritious dense type of fish, salmon is packed with omega 3 that promotes brain health and decreases inflammation, along with selenium and vitamin B12 and 6.
Easy tips to include superfoods in your day:
- Replace your ordinary snacks with superfoods: instead of picking those unfulfilling snacks from the supermarket, start packing some walnuts, a chickpeas salad or just some berries. That way you’ll keep your energy up and running throughout the day.
- Start your morning with a smoothie: if you want to have more sustained energy and elevate your productivity, then superfood smoothies will be your best friend. One of the best things about them is that there are hundreds of easy recipes, and each one fulfills a different job to your mind and body.
- Splatter seeds as a finishing touch: keep hemp, pumpkin or chia seeds on your countertop to remember to add on your favorite salads or dishes.
- Turn berries into candy: known for their sour and sweet mouthwatering combo, berries can easily replace your sugar craving by adding lemon juice and allowing them to cool.
Finally, Adding superfoods to your daily meals is a simple yet fruitful habit that will definitely elevate your health goals. Start your new week by replacing that third cup of coffee with matcha and notice what colors you add to your plate.If it’s mostly brown, add a touch of green, purple or red. That way registering superfoods into your mind will become more familiar.